Sunday, July 1, 2012

When illness stop by and knock at your door

I always have been a sick person. No kidding. You perhaps have the luck to never see me sick, nothing enthusiastic about it. When I was a baby, my mother recalled, I had to be hospitalized just as newborn. By those old rules she wasn't allow even as a mother to stay in the same room with me. Cruel times. She until these day considered that I was a different child, less happy and angry at her because of it.

I neve worry much when I get sick because most of the time, almost with 100% guarantee I know what it is  and the outcome and thanksfully the technology solution is always at my hand.

When I was in high school and college I suffered repetitively of throat infection and such. Colds and gripes yes, but mostly infections who people still confuse bacteria cause with virus cause. But still people say "do you have a cold?", No I don't, I have a sinus infection...does not matter. But I won't continue on that discussion because people prefer just to be away of a stuffy nose person and I am fine with it...the ignorance of science is something I don't deal well with it and that's another 500 pesos.

Anyway, after so many throat infections I finally had my tonsils removed past my 20's and things seemed get better...until I moved to Georgia. If you are allergic you may fine not pleasant your stay in this state. Is just the way it is...but oh well. I am here, I went through years of shots, and multiple types of allergy pills and nasal sprays. Some work, others did not.

But with all that said, it really didn't bother me that much since I knew that I was going to get better regardless...but when sickness hit your door and go to your children that's something I have never felt before. It's anguish in the most unfair way. I don't mind how I feel...I do mind how Dylan does.

It just keep amazing me how things have changed to the point that I call friends to verify his symptoms...call the doctor several times since we just do not know. He seems in good spirits and that's all it matters. But still is just a different feeling...I don't care about my infections, possible hospitalizations...but when is about your kids, your whole world turns and now I understand how horrible was the feeling that my mother told me before. Leave me in a hospital without the possibility to do the anything about it. I couldn't not say a word, I did not talk...as a baby you can't say "oh well mom, in here...it really hurts, and even I don't have a fever my head hurts though". No, there is no way to know. I wonder how doctors even can know...a lot have to do miss and hit.

This week for us has been into know more about our child, to know when he is happy or when is not that happy...and even you did not get those two hours of sleep because you kept looking at the crib if he was fine...the smile I got from him was the best medicine I got for my sinus infection today.

No comments:

Post a Comment