Saturday, December 31, 2011

29 Weeks

Amazingly the last 10 weeks are approaching soon.

I am feeling good but starting to have some concerns...not on the baby but on myself. I am highly independent, I work full time and love it. And I intent to be back at work after the baby gets in daycare.

But I don't want to stop to be me...and I am starting to have that feeling that the "mom of Lil Monster" will stick for awhile and the battle to say I am Maritza AND the mother of Lil Monster will be long. I remember my mother used to get upset about it. "La mama de Maritza y Melanie", "La esposa del Prof Taylor". OUfffff now I got it. What about ME? she used to say.

I am a person, yes a mother, but an individual. I know all the yada yada that people tell me over and over...FINE! stay with it. I don't need to hear it. Seriously, I love you as a friend but if it's your prerogative to talk about your children ALL the time and only post pictures of them ALL the time so be it. I would like to hear what you DO too...but if you decide to be the soccer mom, that's fine. I just strongly will fight it. I don't want to be. I fought and work REALLY hard to get where I am now. And I am proud of it, hell yes.

I know some of you won't understand...I guess you just can't. And that's fine by me too. I will see how this will go.

And yes, I know time of "no sleep" will come. Well you know what? I have been clubbing past my 35's I think I can handle that pretty much. I have travel for weekends and stay up the next day to adjust to the time change...I think I can handle it. And yes, I already have few hours of sleep due to many leg cramping, uncomfortable sleeping positions and so on...Am I ready for what's coming? yes, if I can't sleep then so be it...what's the point to be bitching about BEFORE the fact? What's the point to tell me "wait for..." I don't have to wait. You complaint during your time, let me be.

Is this a blog rant today? I guess. I am tired of annoying "advices" of people that seem to try to make others feel their pain someway and pass it on, shame. Ha! If you have not walk through my shoes then please shush.

No comments:

Post a Comment