Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Biggest Fear of Working Men

Losing hair? nope, you can be unemployment and lose that one...not getting promoted? not really, is equal for men and women...BUT be near a pregnant woman that looks is about to pop up? hell yeah!

Yesterday on my Pacific meeting...remember my Korea stuff? well it was finally time to meet with John and the Pac folks. I was eating my old timers Sweet Tarts (and I will continue on that story later because you are surprise I like something called a candy) and suddenly one fell off to the floor. I just said "ayyyyy" and John almost had a heart attack. It was REALLY funny! He keeps being all freaky about me being pregnant, I guess because or he doesn't know who is the father, or how I even got pregnant ....not entirely sure what he can be thinking. Not that I care, but I wonder what...just out of curiousity.

Anyway, after that episode I was telling that to Brad this morning and he said, believe it or not that's a big fear for guys...because unless you have read or have kids already, you have NO clue what to do. And I guess is true. See, movies are a big problem...first of all they are for a 2 hours span, labor is not. So you see a movie people rushing to the hospital and in the next 10 minutes of the movie there is the baby. In reality you may or may not break water as easy as it looks in books or documentaries or movies, etc etc...you may have contractions and they may last for a long...long...hours. But in any case I guess I should have a "Labor Plan" at work since I am surrounded by men. My boss, my director and my co workers next door ALL are men. Not that I have no confidence in their capability to deal with situations like this...but I guess would be wise for me to put them on hook what to do or what are my wishes in "case" Labor Painful Day kicks in.

I am in better mood than yesterday, oh the Sweet Tarts. The other Brad asked me "do you like Sweet Tarts?"...I guess he didn't know. But I have been a fan of Sweet Tarts since school times. See, in Panama sweet tarts first came in commisaries in the old Panama Canal Zone. If you had a friend of a friend of a friend that a friend of an uncle worked in there...you could get sweet tarts at school and you were like an idol, because obviously you get that "from the United States", like big thing but you know when you are a kid I guess you get impressed by a lot of bullshit. Anyway, after Sweet Tarts made their way into Panamanian stores I used to buy the big tablets and especially the purple one was my favorite. I could be delighted by that for hours. Now, I am a big fan again...and a co worker have those in his drawer and has been really kind to let me take them for free! So I am back on my sweet tart habits. For me, they are not sweet so I liked them. But yet, I am not a fan of cake or sweets and I still remain as one of the strange creatures that don't like chocolate.

Okay time to go back to work...when is 5?

No comments:

Post a Comment