Sunday, October 2, 2011

Boy or Girl...should I care?

One of the many questions I get are:
"do you know the sex yet?", no.
"do you prefer a girl or a boy?" not really, I have no preference. I guess with a girl at least I know how things look...a boy penis size and testicles I have no idea how they suppose they should look like at that age, but I can ask Brad if he remembers.
"do you want to find out?" I wanted to know due to practical reasons...but now I don't.

WE haven't had that discussion yet, but now I really don't want to know. I think would be great to get that surprise. I don't want to put a pink room in all honesty, I know I don't have to. I don't like pink, I think is overrated. There are so many other colors that I think could be nice with pink but not ALL pink. All blue? I love navy blue, one of my fav colors. Actually all my bedsheets are with some blue on it. Towels too. But I wouldn't put a room all blue either.  I actually like Brad's clothes  more than mine most of the time. I think girls clothes are a mess. You dress like everybody else or you will get hard time to find your own style.

Actually I found interesting that we still have bias on what suppose to be boys and girls things. On girls all is "princess", "little lady bug" and such names...for boys...all is cars, "champions", "my little lion"...really? I think that animals should be love by both, and no you are not going to be a princess you better get your homework done and go to college missy...I don't get it. Yes, I know all the social standard crap that we keep being prisoners of, well that's your choice. Oh don't ask me yet if I will have a baptism...conversations already started, we both are not religious at all...so what's the point of baptism without religion faith? but that's for another blog. In all honesty there a lot responsibility on us for this kid. We already have to decide a lot of the things that s/he has no say about. But I guess that is my sweet vengence...you little monster I am not letting mommy having a nice pregnancy...hence I will buy you clothes and feed you and you better like it hahahaha. Mommy 1 - Little Monster 0

Anyway, so now I am in this dilemma...should I know? I am a practical folk but now I am just well I can have some mistery in all this already mistery-melodrama that is my pregnancy...why not?! So for me, I don't want to know...now I have to convince Brad if he doesn't want to know. Because if he knows I KNOW I will know...he will eventually tell me in one of his clown faces or annoying bothering games that he gets when he is asking for my attention. I said they are annoying but they make me laugh. Is good to have some clown in the family. It always good.

1 comment:

  1. You have to give your s/she oportunity because everybody live with other person. Only said we have many colors, but she likes pink for stay together others is ok.
    When he or she grownup can decided.
    You live witn pink and other, now you can decide bevause you have anowledge.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete