Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cars, Bassinets, Cribs...and Monkeys

Yesterday was a discovery day for the Monster Parents.

Afterwork we went to Baby's R Us to check, on a pillow for me...of course since we were there...we decided to do more than a sneak peak to the store. Reality sets in. I mean, my belly is growing and yes, we are pregnant...there IS something growing there and it will, eventually (thanksfully because my aches are increasing), come out. But you know, is still there. Inside me. There is not something crying, or babbling or just making a noise that we can say "uh oh a baby is here". But yesterday was...waow...we are overwhelmed.

We checked the things to carry a baby in your chest...we agreed we liked the slings, but they didn't have any as we like it...they were more like a camping gear thing. Then it came the car seats...now I need a new paragraph.

Car seats, what we should know about them? At first, well nothing. I mean we were quite clueless looking at ALL of them (more than 50 in exhibition) and still not understanding WHY we had to buy one of each. Until a guy came in and explain it all in less than 100 words. I trully appreciate practicality you know. I don't want to hear the entire life awaking that was you having a kid...I, obviously, will find it out soon but I just want to know about car seats simply put. Don't bring me the NASA bullshit that I don't need. So the guy was up to the point and in 10 minutes we basically knew what we needed. Now of course is all about which one...consumer reports, consumer reviews...that will be another task. We don't want to be cheap but we do have a budget and we will stick with it.

Strollers...Pack n Plays...uh oh...so now the thing...they came in combos with built in bassinet, but then we saw a tiny wooded bassinet that we just like it...and is a rocking one. But we will need a pack n play too...uhhh ahhh decisions, decisions! We still don't get why ALL the babies in the posters 1. look alike 2. there is always cereal involved 3. they always look extremely clean. See, advertising and marketing always making shit up.

Then, the rocking chairs...we said go for it. No no we didn't buy any but we will have one. And I already put my eye in the one I like. Thanskfully none of us has spent any of our monthly (or lack of) bonuses this year...so we know where they are going to ended up.

Cribs vs Bassinets. We agreed that crib and all the nursery stuff will be done after the baby is born. There is first of all no rush on it. The baby will be in our room for the first months, most likely in a bassinet or small crib. We did like everything about animals, especially there were some cute monkey elements around ...we just love it! and that's when it hit us. We ARE going to be parents, we ARE going to have a baby. We sat down for an hour in the rocking chairs and talk like forever. Decisions are in the making...where to live, what to do, cars, when to buy things, order of things, deadlines, and finances...I love that Brad is such a financial savvy and logical in those matters. Make things way easier. I don't think I would ever embark in parenthood without that.

So we left with my snoogle pillow that made miracles yesterday along with my other pillows. Today is pampering Maritza day! I am using a massage gift card that Brad gave me for my Bday...yeah back in February!!! and then I am going to do my nails...I am for sure almost like a sloth, my nails are huge. I mean huge..they are not only long but like big. Toes..uh let's leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment