Sunday, November 6, 2011

Just in the right place

So what I did this week?

My friend Erwin, who has been over 20 years Pen Pal with me since I was in high school came to Atlanta for a concert with a friend...directly from Aruba. We finally met at the Hard Rock Cafe. Catch on old times. He still is one of the few people I know with the most beautiful handwriting I have ever known. It was good to know that even with letters, emails and now FB nothing for me is like the feeling of a good handshake, hug or eye to eye contact to say hello to an old friend.

This week was Patriotic Week in Panama. There is the celebration of Independence from Colombia on Nov 3rd and then from Spain on Nov 28th just because we love to independence ourselves more than one time in life and be different than the rest of the other countries of the world who has one...except for few others. So, somebody decided to make a celebration of it, here in Atlanta ...and Brad, Lil Monster and me showed up at Aurum Lounge to get down on celebrations. It was fun...some war between the DJ's...but at the end the Panamanian one won. I mean his music was much better than the gangsta whatever other was trying to playing.

Returning from the party I decided that it was time to check the mail. For some reason it was necessary to check the mail at two in the morning with my feet hurting and the beginning of a ligament pain that was going to be worse the next day or better say later on...anyway, what was on the mail? My brand new US passport and card! Yiai!!! Now, I am officially a US citizen. Take that! Of course, now I need to go to the Social Security to update my records, to the DMV to change my license and update my address, so then I can go to the tax tag office to update my records of my car...and update my records at work too.

Back to Lil Monster...at work is almost a normal thing that is obvious I am pregnant. Yes I am. The belly shows and is getting bigger. Anyway there will be an entirely new post about Lil...in a couple of seconds. Hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment