Saturday, September 10, 2011

Friends List

I have a long list of friends in my Facebook, but the reality I think half of them are not "really" Friends...so why I have them? A quarter of them ever say hi or remember what we had in common...some school stuff I guess but nothing else. But then you are open to see some of my pics and comment on them.

I have to say that most of them are okay and normal, fine etc. The ones that bothers me are the ones that their only way to be happy in life is to put comments about their political party in their Wall. And that's fine is THEIR Wall hence they are free to post whatever they want...in the other side, I have the right to avoid to read over and over in "My Feed" what you have to say. I really don't care. I don't care about the 1000 posts about your Christians beliefs in the spooky guy up there aka God. I don't care if you think that democrats has the answers to every single problem on earth and that republicans are to blame. And the ones that really annoys me the more, are the ones of xenofobic connotation of any kind and still they denied they are. So what I do with something like that? You do not belong to be my friend. I think at this stage of life I CHOOSE who is going to be my friend. I don't care if you think you are awesome ...for the rest of the world perhaps. But I am not the rest of the world...if you are invite to be my friend, you will received one. I have conciously check that you deserve to be my friend.

It would sound cocky, perhaps, but that's the beauty to be an adult so self confident and enjoy the freedom and power of choice. I do like friends, I have friends and I need them. I have close friends but those...are less than the fingers of my hand.  They know if they want an advice from me what I say is because I love them and I am really trying to give them help highly objective. Those are the ones that I can call at midnight and say "I need you to take me to the doctor" and they would not bail on me.

Friends for me are not an easy cake...they deserve my attention, respect, care and love...I expect the same in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment