Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stupid questions for stupid people

Four months and counting.
Yesterday was our 16 weeks doctor's appointment. Some highlights:
  • I was feeling really bad
  • I haven't get 5+ hours of sleep in three days
  • My belly is like stretching side to side and it feels really uncomfortable
  • We get there early and they made us wait 1.5 hours to be attended for 10 minutes, this person was one of the rotational doctors not my primary one.
  • We hear the heartbeat...strong and sound
Recap, We checked in and the wait starts...I don't understand what is the point to make an appointment at certain time, tell the person to check in EARLY and you will have to wait way more than you should. I think that I should get back some money in return for that. I hate this type of service and I am going to complaint. This is all bullshit. Simple as that.

So I told the nurse that I have been with some cramping, no bleeding, no spotting (which is ALWAYS good at this stage) and she asked me "have you drink water?" and you know I have problems with stupid questions. And I am going to tell you why they are stupid at certain point. I gave an urine sample EVERY time I get there, before the actual appointment. So they get the results. I am not dyhadrated. I have drank water, I know not like a gallon as they intent...but I just can't drink that amount because if not I will throw up. Throwing up and you WILL get dyhadrated. So I answered and try to explain to the mamoth of nurse I had in front of me that "I know, I am drinking as much as I can but I can tell you right now that I am not going or have drink 64 ounces of water per day". So she try to say that the cramps were due to the lack of water. REALLY WOMAN??? I understand CLEARLY the significance of water...but first if I haven't drank 64oz of water since I was born until now...and I had two days ago a cramp that woke me up, wouldn't you be checking something else? If it's that then the water issue should come up a week ago. But it didn't. And anyway...the previous doctor told me (and I said this) that I shouldn't get crazy to get on the water, that is a normal standard because there are people who doesn't drink any at all...but whatever I could get was fine. Is the same thing as the sushi...I bet in Japan pregnant women are not stopping eating sashimi!

When the doctor came in, the water conversation was not even mention. What it was mention, is that most likely my uterus is growing since the pain is in each side of my belly. I have some cysts and those can cause some pain time to time. Plus my placenta needs to move a bit. Saying that...why is the thing about water again? I can understand you want me to drink water, and I agree with that...but if I am telling you that to drink that amount of water will cause my throwing up hence dyhadration what is the point? think outside the box for a moment and think in the patient and the circumstances.

I just can't tolerate stupid questions especially when I am feeling crappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment